The picture here is not very pretty. None of us would want to be on this beach with all the trash laying around!
As many of us have extra time on our hands during quarantine, what if we took the time to do some clean-up? I’m thinking of the things we usually put off. Cleaning closets, garages, drawers, etc. etc.
As important as those are, there’s yet a more important kind of clean-up that requires prayer, reflection and evaluation. It’s about cleaning up SOUL DEBRIS.
Last week I wrote a blog about the possibility of our current rude awakening (pandemic) preceding a Great Awakening. Many people weighed in and agreed.
Part of a great awakening is taking a look at our lives prayerfully, asking God to help us cleanse our lives in any way that’s needed. What kind of things might that be? Here are a few I can think of:
- Am I living in communion with God every day?
- Do I show real love to the people in my life?
- Do I carry around resentment or unforgiveness toward anyone?
- Are the words I speak words of life?
- Am I fearful or anxious?
- Do I have harmful habits I really need to change but haven’t yet?
- Am I serving others as Jesus would serve them?
- Am I obeying the great commandment, to love God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, and love my neighbor as myself?
- Have I made promises I haven’t kept?
- Is there anything I need to ask forgiveness for – from God or anyone else?
- Have I allowed myself to be exposed to media that is defiling?
- Am I other-centered or self-centered?
Those are a few things that came to mind. What else would you add?
I urge you to join me in this, to prepare the environment of your soul for whatever might come next. Let’s make room for the NEW.
“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” Isaiah 43:18,19
*You can sign up for my blog here: https://fullyalive5.com/category/blog/