I’m thinking of this year and the remaining months of 2020. So much change and upheaval! I feel tons of peace internally but what’s going down around us is perplexing and above my pay grade to figure out!
What is your default when you don’t know which end is up, when you feel out of control, when things are shaking and trouble threatens?
Here’s mine: I LOOK UP!
I love this verse of Scripture found in Mark 11:24:
“For this reason I am telling you, whatever things you ask for in prayer [in accordance with God’s will], believe [with confident trust] that you have received them, and they will be given to you.” Mark 11:24 AMP
What an amazing promise! It presupposes that we are habitually thinking with God so that His thoughts are our thoughts. It also presupposes that we have developed trust in God through seeing Him come through for us time and time again. He can be trusted! He is with us always, longing to share His thoughts with us if we will take the time to quiet ourselves and tune into Him.
I wonder if you’d like to join me in prayer during this time? I’d love for you to respond to this message with the prayers you are being inspired to pray in these days. I will pray them with you!
Here’s what I’m praying myself:
- For leaders of our nation and our churches that God will reveal Himself to them and they will receive His wisdom to navigate the current political and church scene.
- That God will use this time of uncertainty to cause people around the world to look up, to reach out to Him, and find Him!
- Praying for many, many people who don’t know Him, to come to Jesus!
- For miraculous answers to prayer!
- For family relationships to be healed.
- For prodigal sons and daughters to return to the faith of their childhoods.
- For the plans of evil people and principalities to be thwarted by God and His people.
I hope you will take a moment to respond with what you are praying for and join with me in looking up! Our prayers matter, every single day.